Friday, March 18, 2011
Fa Fa Fa Feel Good Friday!!
Here we go again! It's Feel Good Friday and I'm still your hostess with the mostess!
Erika's on a sabbatacle right now, and I apparently don't know how to spell that word. But it means she's away from her desk right now, so I'll take her links for Feel Good Friday for now.
Not sure how to play? Just go to your own blog, post a Feel Good Friday post and then come back and link to me! Tell us what made you happy this week. It can be one thing, 4 things, 5 things or whatever. Grab the button and link back and you're off and running with your own feel good moments!
1. When I rode Tucker on Sunday, he was super. Like super duper. Did things neither of us have ever done before. We really connected. I won't tell you what the rest of the week's lessons were like because they didn't make me feel great. Let's just say it's amazing how even a horse can tune me out: "I don't hear you. I can't feel you. You can't make me. Kick me all you want, I'm not doing it!"
2. Out of the blue today, 2 hostesses that cancelled their lia sophia shows contacted me to reschedule. That NEVER happens. And they are coming right up so I might actually have a good April.
3. I found a book by Sarah Gruen called Ape House. She wrote Water For Elephants which is about to come out in theaters. I loved Water for Elephants, though I can't remember what it was about, other than a circus, so I thought I'd give Ape House a try. It's a book on tape. Or Ipod, actually. Sometimes, I am a bad listener, so books on ipod aren't good for me. This book is AMAZING. I am so enthralled, it's all I want to do. There is just enough suspense and mystery, but not like a who-done-it mystery. Instead of reading when I go to bed, I've been listening to this every night. Highly recommended.
4. K-ster made supper on Monday with no protests. It was so nice to come home and have supper on the table. Made. And I didn't have to think about what I was going to make.
5. I am the race director for a road race for the Cultural Center every year, and I'm always trying to figure out how to get new sponsors and do something cool. One year, we had Baskin Robbins here, giving out samples, and that was a big hit. I tried them but they don't do that anymore. Most big companies either want 1000s of people at the event (we are lucky to have 300) or they only give to certain charities.
I am a big fan of Chobani yogurt and I was poking around their site and they had a donations page. Not thinking I would even qualify for such a thing, I asked for a donation of yogurt to our race. I figured they wanted 5,000 people to be guaranteed. The girl called me on Tuesday and happily told me she will ship 25 cases of yogurt for our event. WHAT??? That's 300 cups of yogurt. Regular, 6 ounce cups. Not little samples, the whole deal. ARE YOU KIDDING? I didn't even have to sign my life away or anything. Now, I know you want to come get free yogurt for running, but then I'd have to tell you where I live, wouldn't I? And then you'd stalk me and that wouldn't be so much fun. Maybe if you ask me, I will tell you where this 3.1 mile, flat, beautiful race is in June.
Oh, and do you know how to store 300 cups of yogurt? Because that ain't all gonna fit in my fridge!!
6. I'm doing a 6th one today to make you laugh. I dreamed that Charlie Sheen and Rob Lowe both wanted me. I don't even like either one of them! And they were both trying really hard to get my attention and were trying to outdo each other. Sort of. It all took place at my grandmother's house and I had far better things to do than listen to their nonsense. BUt Charlie and I did have a funny moment, in pure silence, when he gestured to me "you're talking to that guy?" and I gestured back "I never took up your offer, what makes you think I'd take up his?" and he gestured back "oh, you're right, ok". Total silent gestures. Hysterical. I woke up laughing, it was so ridiculous. This is why Spielberg has nothing on me when it comes to scripts. I've got them all right in my noggin!
I have never found either of those boys even remotely attractive. Not even back when they were all bad ass at 25 and in all those movies.
Ok, that's all I've got. Now, get thee to thy blog and type thy Feel Good Friday post. Then get thy butt back here and link thy post to my post so we can all have a feel good weekend!!